10 BEST CAR SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS
If you’re looking for a subwoofer that will produce deep, powerful bass sound no matter the size of your vehicle then this article is just for you. Luckily, there are 10 great options out there for this! Read on for our list of 10 best car subwoofers for deep bass and find one that’s perfect for you!
This article will walk through all of them alongside their pros/cons as well as where each would best fit into different types of vehicles (e..g trucks vs sedans). We will also ask a question Do You Really Need a Sub For Your Car? Factors to consider before buying and also Frequently Asked Questions included here.
So if upgrading those oldies isn’t bad enough already…
Let’s start talking about how you can upgrade them even more by adding the best car subwoofer for deep bass to your next DIY project.
Firstly, if you want to lose no time then check our expert’s top picks!
OUR EXPERT’S TOP PICKS FOR BEST CAR SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS:
Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D2
Dual 2 Ohm
aluminum heat sinking cone and dust cap
Aluminum Die-Cast Basket
Dual 70 Oz Magnet
American Bass Hawk 1244
- Dual 4 Ohm
- 3000 Watt
- Flush Mount
- DUAL 4 OHM IMPEDANCE
DO YOU REALLY NEED A SUB FOR YOUR CAR?
Well, it depends on how much bass you want in your car. For most people the answer is yes, they do need a sub for their car because…
Adding a subwoofer to your sound system will make your music sound more live. I mean think about it. When was the last time that you listened to an orchestra or band playing live without any bass gear? Never! Why would you want to listen to something like that in the first place? To mimic what it would be like if there were no instruments playing at all? That doesn’t even make sense!
Well, maybe you don’t care too much about listening to music or movies with deep bass, but then why do you want speakers capable of producing such bass? As I said before, people listen to music for the whole experience. A huge part of that is the actual sound itself and how it feels more realistic when there are low-frequency sounds involved as well.
This is no different from those who go out into nature and choose to hike on a trail instead of biking through a flat street where everything around them looks absolutely identical. Sure you can bike through a flat surface and get to your destination much faster than hiking takes but wouldn’t you rather enjoy all of the beautiful sights and sounds along the way?
If deep bass isn’t what you want then you’re definitely better off just getting some normal car speakers than some subwoofers, but if it is something that interests you then please read on because you’re here for a reason.
Related Article: How to connect a subwoofer to a car stereo without an amp
BEST SUBWOOFER FOR CAR AMPLIFIER AT A GLANCE:
1. Best cheapest car subwoofer for deep bass – Skar Audio ZVX-15v2 D1 15"
2. Best cheap car subwoofer for deep bass – BOSS Audio Systems CXX12 Car Subwoofer
3. Best car 10 inch shallow subwoofer for deep bass – PIONEER TS-A2500LS4 Shallow Mount SVC Subwoofer
4. Best car subwoofer for deep bass with built in mono amplifier – MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D
5. Hardest hitting 12 inch subwoofer - KICKER 44CWCS124 CompC 12 Inch car subwoofer
6. Best car 12 inch subwoofer for deep bass – Rockville Punisher 12D1 car subwoofer
7. Best 8 inch car subwoofer for deep bass – Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 punch shallow mount
8. Best car powered subwoofer for deep bass – American Bass Competition 12" 3000 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer
9. Best car 15 inch subwoofer for deep bass – Rockville Destroyer 15D2 Competition Car Audio Subwoofer
10. Best car subwoofer under $500 – Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch Powered Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
11. Best subwoofer for truck – Rockford Fosgate (2) Punch P3D2-12 12" Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofers
10 BEST CAR SUBWOOFERS FOR DEEP BASS 2023 – REVIEWS
1. BEST CHEAPEST CARSkar Audio’s ZVX-15v2 D1 is a Dual 1 Ohm, 15-inch competition grade subwoofer that produces massive amounts of bass. With its advanced cooling technology and high performance voice coil, this beast can handle up to 3000 Watts of power. The ZVX Series has been developed for the most demanding SPL competitors and serious audiophiles who desire the ultimate in sound quality and output.
The ZVX series offers extreme excursion capability with minimal distortion and cone control. This means you get more bass output without sacrificing musical detail or listener enjoyment. In addition, these subs deliver a very strong combination of precision and purity which ensures a tight and accurate bass response.
The ZVX series is available in Dual 1 (one), Dual 2 (two), and Quad 4(four) configurations with common depths of 8-inches, 13-inches, and 17-inches respectively. For the most flexibility, choose between ported or sealed enclosures depending on your preferred sound quality and SPL output.
The ZVX series is ready to satisfy your needs whether you are building a daily driven street machine that wants an extremely loud system or you are on a professional competition stage competing for world championships. Either way, this subwoofer will deliver the best performance every time.
- Great bass for the money
- It’s too powerful(3000w) so be careful to control the volume
- No mounting holes on top of the cone. To mount it to a flat surface then you’ll have to drill your own
Customer Sample Review: “If You cannot make up your mind in between the sundown X or the Skar zvx, then your just like me i actually bought both but when I installed the zvx wow I have it on a mmats 1ohm getting around 1700rms this thing pounds hard I am really impressed I will return the x and put back $200 difference back in my acct I just won’t need it, zvx is really well built big heavy strong and powerful and best of all great price. You won’t be disappointed.”
2. BEST CHEAP CAR SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS
BOSS Audio Systems CXX12 is a single 4-ohm subwoofer 12 inch that has 1,000 watts maximum power. It features a polypropylene cone, 2.5-inch voice coil, rubber surround. The sealed enclosure internal volume is 1.2 cubic feet and the ported enclosure internal volume is 1.8 cubic feet with a 4 inch round port circumference, 12-inch port length, and 34 Hz port frequency. This product has dimensions of depth 13" x width 13" x height 5.4" and weighs 20.5 lbs.
The cheap 12 inch subwoofer has a nice black finish to it that doesn’t look tacky or cheap. The subwoofer feels heavy and well built, not flimsy like some other brands I have come across. It has different options for power wiring (2 gauge 4-ways to 0-gauge) which is always a plus in my opinion because you can choose what fits your vehicle best based on existing wiring and your budget.
The installation process was pretty quick and easy because there were no holes that needed to be drilled into the box; everything just bolts up exactly as expected with an extra plate included that attaches under the woofer instead of through the box, reducing parts and making the installation faster.
The subwoofer gives off a nice low-end sound, not muffled like some cheap brands can be, and doesn’t break up or shake at high volumes. Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase and would recommend it to others who are looking for a quality subwoofer at a great price!
- Good overall sound quality at a nice price point
- The subwoofer is heavy duty
- Also suitable for a smaller vehicle
- A good number of power wiring options
- Sometimes, there are no screws included for installing the grille so they must be bought separately, but not every time
Customer Sample Review: “I’ve been happily using this sub for 3 years now. Still going strong! The rest of the review still applies. The sub I got [12 inch 1000w] Is an amazing value for what it is. That’s one of the issues though, it’s not what it claims to be.”
3. BEST 10 INCH SUBWOOFER SHALLOW FOR DEEP BASS
Pioneer’s TS-A2500LS4 is a shallow mount 10 subwoofer that produces high quality bass with its reinforced cone structure. The TS-A2500LS4 features an IMPP cone which has been reinforced by glass fiber and mica to provide higher rigidity and lower distortion. This subwoofer also features a unique design with just 3-3/8 inches of mounting depth for small enclosure use (0.7 cu ft). It also offers excellent sound quality at low frequencies, making it ideal for use in systems with moderate power handling.
The TS-A2500LS4 includes Pioneer’s dual spider structure, which helps to maintain linearity of the cone even during large excursions for smooth operation and superior sound quality. Its dual voice coils allow it to be wired in parallel or series for increased system flexibility.
This subwoofer is best used with amplifier power in the 75W – 300W range and is ideal for upgrading any vehicle audio system. This shallow mount subwoofer comes equipped with one 4-inch diameter, high temperature dual voice coil that operates on a wide frequency response of 20Hz to 500Hz.
The Pioneer A-series sound design purposefully matches the subwoofer and full range loudspeakers to provide seamless, smooth sound characteristics with dynamic high impact bass that lets you hear and feel every note. This subwoofer features a reinforced cone structure made from MICA injected resin which creates rigid crape for accurate low end response as well as shallow compact design making it perfect for installation options in vehicles of different sizes; including cars, trucks or SUVs
Pioneer’s new lineup includes both large woofers (typically found in cinema systems) capable of producing powerful deep tones alongside more delicate tweeters allowing them better control over overall mids and highs.
- Fits in a small enclosure
- It has a more deep bass over factory paper cone
- Really a shallow speaker
- It was simple to set up and has a great sound for the price
- Not yet
- Note: Please confirm your car space and subwoofer size
Customer Sample Review: “I have owned these subs before they are great for small spaces but as always pioneer has been a leader in the industry for several years couldn’t expect anything less than a great product and the price is just a bonus.”
4. BEST CAR SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS WITH BUILT IN MONO AMPLIFIER
MTX Audio’s Terminator series of subwoofers and enclosures are a great way to add power and punch to your car audio system. The TNE212D dual 12" sub enclosure can be used with either a vented or sealed enclosure, so you have the option of choosing what works best for your needs. This subwoofer enclosure features the same sleek styling as our popular single-12" enclosures
The high performance TNP212D2 Terminator subwoofer is designed to produce massive amounts of bass from a small package that will fit under your seat. This subwoofer is capable of delivering the performance you are looking for at a fraction of the size.
The Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure is constructed from high quality MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) and comes with quick release compression terminals that will allow you to install the wires from your subwoofers in seconds. For those without an amplifier, this dual 12 inch subwoofer box has a built-in high current 250-watt mono amplifier which can be wired directly to your vehicle’s battery for easy installation.
The frequency response ranges from 10Hz to 150Hz. The carpet is made of aviation-grade materials. It’s very fashionable with the Embroidered Terminator Logo embroidered on it.
- The enclosure is not expensive
- Bass is really great easy to install
- They sound great n they hit hard, have no distortion clean, and good bass
- The black carpeting, as well as the logo’s stitched design, are lovely.
- Bit heavy and slides around
Customer Sample Review: “**These subs knock.. Had a 15in MTX 5500 (new version) single sub bridged on a MTX MXA 400.2 amp before. And this little two 12 set up with the 500.1 amp is really killing it. Almost night & day.. Was a little skeptical with it being MTXs entry level set up.. But don’t sleep these subs really knock & for $300 well worth it. I got these due to Amazon & youtube ratings.”
5. BEST KICKER SUBWOOFER
If you are a lover of kicker subwoofers then this kicker subwoofer 12 inch is full of bass and power. It features a polypropylene cone, injection molded polypropylene basket, high strength steel lead wire, and spiralled tinsel lead for maximum durability. The single 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer design provides excellent reliability and flexibility for your system, while the rubber surround allows long excursion linear motion for accurate bass reproduction.
A steel basket that’s both lightweight and rigid protects the motor system from damage which is further enhanced by the extended pole piece. The tough paper cone, tough rubber surround, and tough steel basket combine to make this kicker 12 inch sub a reliable subwoofer built for life on the streets of America or anywhere else you want to take it.
Chrome steel construction 8-layer voice coil with dual flat wires Tinsel leads Silver plated terminals Polypropylene cone integrated foam surround Rubber UV resistant boot Simple plug & play operation Fits more vehicle models.
With its perimeter venting, the motor will stay cool and dust free. It has spring loaded terminals for secure mounting of speakers which allow you to install them at an ideal height while still keeping sound quality high with minimal power loss through absorption from other materials in close proximity such as carpet or furniture surfaces that could dampen vibrations travelling off their surface (or cancel out some frequencies).
Additionally, the kicker subwoofer offers a large slot cutout measuring 11 inches wide by 95 inches long to accommodate most amps including those that are mounted under or on either side of the seat. The subwoofer comes with all necessary installation hardware and has rubber caps to plug unused inputs for improved appearance, which can also serve as an alternative mounting option.
Kicker’s 1-year warranty should give you peace of mind knowing that should something unexpected happen you’ll be covered for 1 full year at no cost other than shipping expenses back to them.
- The sound good for the price
- It can produce some really low bass notes
- It is not taking up much room in the vehicle
- They are also relatively cheap for their size and power handling
- While still being loud enough to be heard, they’re razor-sharp, heavy-duty and highly durable; in a nutshell, perfection.
- They are actually pretty heavy
- No protection grill
Bottom line: – The bottom line on this sub is yes there are disadvantages but depending on your situation these could be negligible. But you have to remember these are not high end subs so you have to know what you are buying before purchasing them.
Customer Sample Review: “They sound pretty good. I like them. Keep in mind they are 4 ohm so they won’t get to the volume u can hit with 2 ohm subs but just the quality of them is good.”
Some people get it with kicker box 12.
Also in the online market kicker 8 inch subwoofer, kicker 10 inch subwoofer and kicker 15 inch subwoofer are popular and easily available.
6. BEST CAR 12 INCH SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS
The Rockville PUNISHER Series 12" Dual 1-Ohm Car Subwoofer is an ultra-low bass competition subwoofer designed for serious competitors. The cast aluminium basket makes this woofer very lightweight and rigid, while also giving it a great looking black sanded finish. The dual 1-ohm voice coil allows you to wire the woofer in series or parallel depending on your application. This sub will produce some of the deepest lows you have ever heard.
The Conex Spider and flat progressive spider also give this woofer a very linear suspension and high reliability at high excursion levels. This will be the best motor you can buy for low-end frequency response up to 500 watts RMS. If your car audio system is already sounding like it belongs in a boat, it’s time to add some serious bass!
The large aluminum heatsink ring is strong enough to keep the voice coils cool by dissipating and absorbing excess heat. The thicker foam surround provides an excellent sound quality with minimal distortion so you can hear every detail in your music or movies, even at higher volumes!
Black stitching reinforces the cone which makes it last longer than traditional thin stitched cones seen on other speakers of this size range while still providing incredible bass response thanks to its thick layer design (0.9mm). Lastly, there’s our new ultra-stiff Polypropylene dust cap that will stand up against anything life throws at them: rainstorms*even direct hits from cannon balls!
- 10mm top plate,
- Sturdy basket,
- High quality cone (soft cloth),
- Tough voice coil (wrapped in Kevlar)
- Terminals are not gold plated
Customer Sample Review: “THIS SUBWOOFER IS A MONSTER. This subwoofer is awesome!! It is well worth what the money.. it hits so hard that I cant even keep my rearview mirror up. Let’s just say it hits harder then (3) 12inch kickers just by its self. I love this sub. You gotta get this sub to know what I mean. Good job Brockville.”
If you want to get 12 inch subwoofer with box then these products are fine for your vehicle.
7. BEST 8 INCH CAR SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS
The Rockford Fosgate P3S series shallow mount subwoofers deliver big bass in an incredibly small space. The 8" Punch P3SD2-8 is a slim 2 Ohm DVC (dual voice coil) sub that can take 150 Watts RMS / 300Watts Max power handling and has custom 10 AWG nickel-plated push terminals for ultimate efficiency with enhanced durability!
With its dimpled aluminum cones & dust caps, this midrange driver will not only look great but perform equally as well too – all thanks to our new hybrid stamp cast basket design which provides superior strength while allowing maximum output so you get those low notes just how they’re supposed to be played out of your car’s speakers.
The Audio Video Solutions’ line of in-wall and on the wall speakers deliver crystal clear sound. Designed to work with either sealed or vented enclosures, these are perfect for your home theater system or car audio installation!
The company offers four models: one that measures 0.25 cubic feet (7 liters) available as S/Vb; two at 1 cu ft (3 L & 4 lipas), both come with mounting depth up 266 mm. The fourth model is 7", cutout diameter 181 mm. Don’t forget we also offer amplifier ready AV series too!
Famous Rockford Fosgate builds quality electronics. They might break after one year, but they give you a full year of warranty.
- No distortion
- I’m extremely happy with the sound and quality of this speaker.
- Easy to install
- The build quality is of the highest possible standard
- The speaker has an extra inch sticking out forward
Customer Sample Review: “I used this with the PBR300X1, which is now discontinued, but still a great amp. This speaker shines in small boxes, often factory upgrades. I used it in an ‘02 Explorer and a ‘21 supercrew with the Ford branded box.
In both cases, this was a huge upgrade from the stock sub. It will not rattle the neighbors windows, shake fillings loose, or impress your buddies, but it will provide a great foundation for a balanced system.”
Instructions: – You need to make a hole in the trim of the subwoofer if you want it to work. It is easy and won’t hurt your subwoofer at all.
8. BEST CAR POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS
American bass competition 12-inch car subwoofer is one of the best subwoofers that you can get for your car. It has a heavy triple stacked magnet structure and dual 4-ohm impedance voice coils to give you an experience like never before.
This American bass competition subwoofer comes with a Kevlar fiber added non-press paper cone with texture finish, which makes it more durable than any other speaker on the market. The 3000 watts peak power will produce high sound resonance.
This American bass competition 12-inch car subwoofer is made in such a way that it can be easily installed with any car. With additional features like great bass and high efficiency, this speaker will give you an experience that you were never expected from a single subwoofer speaker before.
American Bass Car Audio Subwoofers are the perfect way to make your ride sound as good in person, feel like it does on TV or radio. These 12-inch car speakers come with an easy install and measure 7.8 inches deep for most installs!
You’ll also receive everything you need: essential cables; manual showing how exactly they work together so installation can be done quickly without hassle – not forgetting quality control that ensures maximum customer satisfaction every time.
This car audio subwoofer comes with an easy to install 7.8" mounting depth, which makes it the perfect fit for most cars or RVs on today’s market! The essential cables are already included and a manual detailing how you can get started is also available in case any confusion arises during the installation process.
I would recommend this product not only because its power rating stands at 3000 Watts peak but also due to its 86 dB rated SPL that will provide clear sound quality all around your vehicle- no matter where inside the cabins might be located."
The most interesting thing about this product is that it comes with a warranty and lifetime technical support.
- High sensitivity
- Great bass
- High efficiency
- It doesn’t come with a built-in amplifier
- Lacks mounting hardware
Customer Sample Review: “Note the surrounding basket is larger than normal 12’s so you have to custom cut your box with some type of saw. This sub looks amazing and it’s huge. The coil, speaker wires and dust cap are made from superior materials.
I have this paired with a DS18 EXL on a 3k Amp. They are my Bonnie and Clade. I need a 4.5k or 5k amp to really use them to their specs but as of now they are shaking my car apart highly recommended.”
9. BEST CAR SUBWOOFER UNDER $500
Rockford Fosgate’s P300-12 Punch 300 watt powered & loaded subwoofer enclosure is perfect for anyone looking to add bass without the hassle. It has a 12 inch speaker, amplifier, and woofer all built into one compact design that can be stored securely in any vehicle with ease!
This closed looped system will give you optimum sound quality between these parts including highs/mids/lows thanks to its phase switch feature as well as adjustable levels on bass EQ 0-18 dB so no matter what type of music or movie scene we’re listening to it still comes through crystal clear.
High SPL with 300 watts of output, this sub delivers the impact music lovers are looking for with an integrated class A/B amplifier that offers flexible installation options. Dual voice coils offer wiring flexibility to suit different install requirements or configurations, allowing you to install a single speaker or two speakers in your enclosure.
12 inch heavy duty woofer is ideal for punchy bass sound and features polypropylene cone material and glass fiber reinforced paper surround Construction crafted from high quality MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). It ensures long term durability Resistances: 4 ohms; 8 ohms.
Of course, it is not difficult to set up. But If you enjoy the bass and it performs adequately, I recommend professional installation. If you’re a fan of the low end, I highly recommend having it installed by a professional. If you are putting this in the trunk of your car, I suggest putting one of the backseats down so that it will have great airflow for deep kicks.
- Built-in Amplifier (No need for extra Amp)
- Great sound and a heavy bass
- Compatible Bass for cars and trucks
- Adjustable behind the passenger seat
- Great value and easy set up without altering your factory system
- Little bit Expensive due to its high quality and other features
Customer Sample Review: “Purchased the 12” and it is everything you need with minimal trunk space taken up. No aftermarket parts required, just the box and an amp kit and you are ready to go. It easily splices with rear speaker wires for audio.
My 2018 altima has excellent bass now. This isn’t a wake up your neighbors box, its a feel it in your chest (inside the car) box. Exactly what my mid-life crisis persona desired."
10. BEST SUBWOOFER FOR TRUCK
Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12 Punch P3 DVC 2-ohm 12" subwoofer is the perfect addition to your car audio system. The Rockford Fosgate 12" subwoofer features a dual 2-ohm voice coil, anodized aluminum cone and dust cap, protective PVC textured magnet cover, diamond cut cast aluminum trim ring with optional grille and stampcast basket with integrated spider venting.
This woofer has a power handling of 600 watts RMS. The Rockford Fosgate 12" subwoofer will give you a frequency response of 20 Hz to 180 Hz with a sound pressure level of 82 dB.
Punch P3 12 inch subwoofers are the perfect upgrade for your car, truck or SUV. These subs feature a unique combination of high-excursion and high-power motor structures with cone designs that deliver more bass in less space. The new FlexFit basket design allows for extreme mounting possibilities while keeping the overall height to a minimum.
Punch P3D2-12 12 inch subwoofer features VAST technology which increases surface cone area up to 25% over previous versions and adds up to 150 watts RMS power handling. The dual linear spider with embedded 16 AWG tinsel leads enhances linearity and clarity while the heavy-duty motor structure with 4 inch voice coil provides high efficiency levels. A non-pressed treated paper cone rounds out this great subwoofer.
- Good design and materials
- Powerful punchy bass
- Lows and highs well separated
- None to mention
Customer Sample Review: “Wow! Clear sound, powerful peak slamming and throbbing lows. Sounds great with the windows up or down. Have them wired in series for a 2 ohm load in a sealed box, powered by a discontinued kicker cx1200 (the yellow striped one) with an auxiliary battery to make sure my amp don’t get thirsty. Wound the windows up and turned my system up a little less than half way and felt breezes from the bass rushing across the back of my bald head.”
WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIAL FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A CAR SUBWOOFER FOR DEEP BASS?
- Space Availability
- Size of the subwoofer
- How much bass do you want
- Sound quality
- Surround on Speaker
- Quality of the voice coils
- How strongly do I need my subwoofers
- Manufacturing Quality
- Manufacturing process
- Enclosure design
- Sensitivity Ratings
- Online Reviews
- Your Budget
Let’s dive in…
1. Space Availability: –
The first question you have to ask yourself is “How much room do I have in my car for a subwoofer box?” This will often determine the size of the subwoofer, which means it will also determine how much bass output you can expect from your new woofer.
2. Size of the subwoofer: – Similarly, the size of the subwoofer according to the space available in the car is very important.
What are the best sizes of car subwoofers and their benefits?
The simple answer is, there are 4 most frequently used subwoofer dimensions are 8, 10, 12, and 15 inches.
The best sizes of car subwoofers vary according to your budget and listening habits. The smallest size is 8-inches, which is appropriate for those who listen to bass-oriented music every day and desire high sound quality.
However, if you prefer rap or hip hop music, go for 10-inch subwoofers which are appropriate for deep bass. If you want to turn your car into a mobile party hall, the 12-inch subwoofer is what you need. The largest size is 15-inch subwoofers which suit those who love bumping the beat so much that they spend hours making music mixes in their cars.
3. What style do I want?
The second thing you should ask yourself is “What style do I want?” If you want a stealth box, there’s nothing better than a shallow mount subwoofer. The main benefit of this type of enclosure is that it fits in the trunk under the false floor, leaving only the speaker visible. This makes your system very stealthy and easy to maintain.
4. How much bass do I want my new woofer to produce?
The third thing you need to know is “How much bass do I want my new woofer to produce?” Take the bass levels produced by your current system and add about 20% more to it. This is a good starting point for determining the right woofer you will need to move the extra air needed for that level of bass.
5. Sound quality: – Sound quality is another important factor to consider before buying a car subwoofer for deep bass. A cheap woofer will often pass on poor sound quality due to cheap build materials. You should pay close attention to the type of cone material, surround, and voice coils.
There are two main types of speaker cones: Paper and Polypropylene. Many paper speakers start to rip after a short time in use, but polypropylene cones are much more durable and will produce better sound quality for you in the long run.
6. Surround on Speaker: – The surround on your speaker is another important factor. Rubber surrounds are the most common, but they aren’t very durable over time and will need to be replaced at some point in the life of the woofer. A good alternative is a foam, which won’t wear down nearly as fast, but it can absorb moisture or get ripped by sharp edges inside your enclosure.
7. Quality of the voice coils: – Next thing you should consider is the quality of the voice coils. The best quality coils use a silver-plated copper wire with an aluminum former, but this type of construction tends to make them less efficient and they also cost more than regular speakers, which will increase your power requirements and drive up the price even more. It’s important to note that you will sacrifice efficiency, but if you’re just looking for big bass, the right subwoofer box and amplifier should provide all the power your new woofer can handle.
8. How strongly do I need my subwoofers?
The next thing to consider is “How strongly do I need my subwoofers?” If you are concerned about people stealing your speakers or vandalizing them, you should opt for a strong, sturdy woofer. Polypropylene woofers are very popular because they can handle high power levels and provide bigger bass output than many other materials, but they also tend to crack or break when subjected to extreme stress or cold weather.
You could choose a higher-end woofer that will be more expensive initially, but it will last longer and give you better sound quality over time.
9. Impedance: – The impedance of your subwoofer greatly affects the amount of power it can handle from your amplifier. A 4-ohm speaker is much more efficient than an 8 ohm one, but if you try hooking them up to the same wattage amp you’ll quickly find out why car audiophiles don’t recommend this combination.
A 4-ohm subwoofer can’t handle as much power as an 8 ohm one, so if you connect the two of them together on one channel of your amplifier, you’ll be pushing more than it can handle and your subwoofer will blow.
10. Manufacturing Quality: – Buy a subwoofer that has been made to last. To be able to know this, find out if the woofer is made from high-quality materials; those that are resistant to extreme temperatures and moisture. Also, look at the quality of sound as you listen as well as the overall construction.
11. Manufacturing process: – The manufacturing process also matters because it determines whether or not you will get what you pay for and much more. So ask yourself, “Who exactly manufactured this product?” Did they do a good job? What kind of brand is it? Does it come with warranties and guarantees? Can I return it if it doesn’t work like advertised? The best brands offer warranties that protect your purchase against damage caused by the manufacturer.
12. Power: – Car Subwoofers are designed with a specific number of watts that allow them to operate properly and produce the kind of sound you would expect from a speaker with that power. If your subwoofer does not have enough power, it will not deliver adequate bass performance. In addition, too much wattage can damage the woofer speakers.
If you do not know how to calculate the proper amount of watts needed for your system, contact your car audio dealer partner and ask around; they should be able to help!
13. Frequency: – The frequency response range is very important when buying a car subwoofer because if the lower bass notes (from 20-100 Hz) fail to get reproduced, you won’t get the full impact intended. So don’t ignore this specification, if your car subwoofer has a limited frequency response range, you will get poor performance.
14. Enclosure: – Do not be fooled by specifications that find their way onto the packaging of various car speakers. Some manufacturers state very low maximum enclosure size ratings to encourage consumers to buy products from them instead of their competitors. Don’t expect to benefit from these deceptive claims as they are usually false and use words such as ‘up to’.
Also, do not let yourself be persuaded into buying products based on how good it looks in their box because looks can be deceiving! What really matters is how well a speaker performs once installed in a vehicle!
15. Enclosure design: – A good enclosure design is essential to get low-frequency response from your car’s audio system. Therefore, always consider the design of the subwoofer before buying it especially if you want a better low-end performance. Usually, ported boxes are considered more ideal designs when compared to sealed enclosures because they have better power handling capacity and can provide you with deeper bass response too.
16. Sensitivity Ratings: – Sensitivity ratings are very important because they show you how effectively speakers convert power into volume. You can check these specifications on the car subwoofer’s specs box, which should detail the SPL (sound pressure level) per watt. If you want to achieve a loud bass response, buy a subwoofer with high sensitivity rates.
17. Versatility: – This specification ensures that any subwoofer grill you use won’t have an effect on your overall performance. To be able to know if it is versatile or not, simply check whether or not it is compatible with various factory enclosures! Sometimes, manufacturers can provide their own custom-designed boxes for their products so always lookout for this information!
Don’t go ahead without checking this spec first as compatibility is essential for getting the most out of your car subwoofer!
18. Brand: – We all have our favorite brands. This isn’t a bad thing because whatever brand you know, there is absolutely no way they don’t produce good products. However, before buying just any old brand, do some research on it to learn more about its performance in important areas such as technology and durability.
Also, check what other people are saying about it online or ask for advice from an expert in that field who can help steer you in the right direction! There’s nothing wrong with buying cheap Chinese-made speakers (in fact they are good value), but only if they work well.
19. Online reviews: – If you want to find out more useful information about car subwoofer brands, check out their online reviews and specifications to learn more. There are literally thousands of such websites on the web that will be happy to share with you everything you need to know about buying the best car subwoofers for deep bass!
Some people love speakers made by Boss Audio or Pioneer; others like Infinity and JBL. Whatever your preference, it is always a good idea to research your options beforehand to ensure that you make an informed decision before spending your money.
20. Budget: –
The final factor to consider is “How much am I willing to spend?” If money is no object, then go for a higher-end woofer that has all the latest bells and whistles. On the other hand, if you are looking at cheaper brands, make sure they offer good value for their price range.
Try looking at reviews of different models online before committing yourself to buy new components for your system. There are plenty of places where you can ask about different brands, and you’ll probably get a lot of helpful advice from other car audio enthusiasts.
It’s also important to keep in mind that all woofers and speaker systems are different and the general rule is “you get what you pay for”. The best speakers money can buy won’t give out great sound if you don’t hook them up properly with enough amplification power. If you’re just looking to add some extra bass to your system, then there are plenty of cheaper alternatives that will get the job done without breaking the bank.
WHY THE BASS OF THE CAR SUBWOOFER IS IMPORTANT?
The bass of subwoofers is important for the recreation of low frequency sounds that are naturally produced by instruments such as drums, guitar, bass guitar, and synthesizers. It adds richness to the music being played so without it, music would lack its full potential.
This is why it’s essential to have a good sound system in your car so you can enjoy all of your favorite music and songs at their highest potential.
But it doesn’t only apply to audio; the bass is also an essential aspect of other forms of entertainment such as movies and videos. You cannot fully experience a movie without any low-frequency sounds because they add emotional depth, life, and realism (especially for things like racing/action movies).
EXPERT SAYS ABOUT IMPROVING SOUND QUALITY:
– Use acoustic foam on the speaker locations for increased sound quality.
– Clean your car of unnecessary items that are in the way of where you would want speakers to go.
– Size up your power cables with ones for higher voltage car audio systems if you can afford them, which often cost $100+. This will reduce losses in the line due to resistance and may help extend high frequencies better than low ones when putting together an audio system that starts with too little power for the speakers.
– Avoid installing speakers at trunk level, but install them at ear level instead. This will make it seem like the sound is coming from a ground source rather than bouncing off surfaces near your head or underfoot and so will give less distortion and more clarity.
Install an amp if necessary, don’t just power speakers with the radio. Amps are better at providing adequate power than radios because they will amplify less distorted signals and give you better sound quality for the same wattage.
– Try to wire all of your speakers together into one solid system instead of having different amps powering each speaker. This will help ensure that everything’s getting the same signal, which is good for sound quality, and it will help eliminate any clipping or distortion that results from turning up the volume too high since this won’t happen before cornering or other significant events.
– Avoid using crossover frequencies higher than you need to by comparing the ratings on your subwoofers with those on your door speakers and tweeters. Higher crossover frequencies allow more low-end response because they take away some of the upper ends where things are less likely to be harmonious under stress or wind noise. The lowest-rated component in your car audio system should be closest to your amplifier.
— Keep car audio equipment as low as possible if you can because the bass buildup resulting from having your subwoofers at trunk level might result in distortion or clipping depending on how high up it is and what kind of sound quality you’re going for.
– Keep car audio wire runs as short as possible for maximum clarity and sound quality. Car audio wire loss is exponential so it’s important to keep the signal path of your audio system under 50 feet where possible. This can mean pulling wires through factory wiring channels or using existing holes in body panels behind newer cars made after about 2006 that have had their stereo wiring pre-run under the carpet on most models (exceptions include some luxury cars like Porsche).
If you’re not sure where the pre-run goes or it’s too difficult to snake wires through, then use a wire locator kit to find factory wiring channels and holes under trim panels.
– Install speakers with their backs pointing towards each other instead of facing forward since these will help create a more uniform distribution pattern than front firing speakers which could be pushed back into cones by wind or road noise that enters from open windows during drive time, especially those with sharp curves like California Highway 1 between Los Angeles and San Francisco on the coast.
– Avoid using ‘suicide doors’ if possible since they will decrease the sound quality and not allow you to install car audio equipment in a way that makes sense or is easy to work with so it won’t be done well and result in poor sound performance.
– Keep the number of speakers small at first and add more only after you’ve tested out how things are sounding, which should help you avoid overspending on amps and wires that you don’t need.
1. IS A PORTED BOX LOUDER THAN SEALED?
Answer: Yes, but only if it’s tuned properly.
All ported boxes produce at least twice as much output as a sealed box. So to achieve the same power output, a sealed box will need to be quite large and may dissipate some sound through the gaps between panels; whereas a ported box can be tuned for higher efficiency which is small and slim. Ported boxes also offer other benefits such as resonance consistency and less fatigue on your driver.
Sealed: Bass response is more even across frequencies without resorting to crossover distortion (less room modes). Can’t use inside enclosed spaces like bedrooms or living rooms because bass leaks out of homes/apartments/condominiums into the vicinity (elevators highly impacted); requires at least twice the power to achieve the same output as a ported box.
Ported: Consistent bass response both indoors and outdoors; can be smaller than a sealed box of comparable output because the design has a sound pressure release valve that lessens its load contribution to your amplifier(s).
2. WHAT SIZE CAR SUBWOOFER IS BEST FOR BASS?
Answer: If you want to be heard and if space is not a concern, the most popular size for car subwoofers is 10" because it can be hooked up with a small amp to produce greater sound pressure levels. If space is a concern, the most popular size is 8" because it can be hooked up to even small amps for great sound pressure. For 12" subs or more, you need at least around 300 watts RMS of power to push them into producing adequate sound pressure levels.
3. DOES CAR SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE SHAPE MATTER?
Yes, it matters. A good enclosure shape maximizes the efficiency by which wind waves are dissipated to reduce the excursion and vibration of the cone so that distortion is minimized. A good enclosure also reduces non-linearity distortions by isolating this device from cabinets walls and floor vibrations.
4. IS A BANDPASS LOUDER THAN PORTED?
Answer: Yes, a bandpass will be louder because of the lack of port noise from a sealed enclosure.
A ported speaker has an open end to allow air meant for sound waves to escape into the atmosphere. Unfortunately, this opens up another type of emission called port noise — it’s essentially a very loud cone slap due to cone movement inside the basket area combined with the loosened baffle board allowing air to move freely within your basket area.
Consequently, this uncontrolled motion generates additional acoustic energy which is all captured by your ports and thus gets reflected outwards towards your listeners adding undesirable distortion along with undesirable output. Thankfully, there are plenty of new speakers on the market that have minimized or altogether eliminated distortion without having ports at all! This is why a lot of people prefer bandpass enclosures nowadays.
5. HOW DO CAR SUBWOOFER AND CAR AMPLIFIER WORK TOGETHER?
Answer: The amp pushes electrons through the woofer according to how it is wired. A big woofer needs more power than a little woofer so you either need a bigger amp or amps, or more batteries (car audio amplifiers typically come in mono, 2-channel , 3-channel, and 4-channel configurations).
If you wire your speakers together properly then the signal that goes into one speaker will be reproduced by all connected speakers; otherwise, sound reproduction may vary from speaker to speaker which means you’ll hear distortion and everyone else around will also hear it (!!)
6. WHAT’S THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A POWERED SUBWOOFER AND AN UNPOWERED SUBWOOFER?
Answer: An amplifier is included with powered woofers while an outboard amp must be purchased separately for unpowered woofers. Powered subwoofers are usually bigger speakers because they can handle more power than unpowered ones. They do not need to connect to the car’s audio system so they don’t tap into car battery power this means you can turn them up louder without worrying about blowing fuses or your alternator!
Also, since sub enclosures are often sealed they let sub drivers move more freely which helps extend their low-frequency response (some bass box speaker designs place pressure on the back of the basket which limits low-frequency output.
7. WHAT SHOULD I CHECK IF I WANT TO BUY CAR SUBWOOFERS?
When choosing car subwoofers there are several things that you should keep in mind:
Size of the subwoofer
How much bass do you want
Surround on Speaker
Quality of the voice coils
How strongly do I need my subwoofers?
Your Budget etc.
For more info read the complete article about the best car subwoofer for deep bass.
8. DO 12 INCH CAR SUBWOOFERS HIT HARDER THAN 10 INCHES?
The maximum excursion of 12-inch subwoofers is half that of 10-inch subwoofers. So the 12-inch car subwoofer will, in theory, hit “harder” than the 10-inch car subwoofer if their wattage handling ability is similar. The issue with this assumption though is that there are only a handful of reviews comparing the two sizes. So it could be an apples to oranges comparison entirely.
It can depend on the subwoofer and on the environment it’s playing in. The SPL (loudness) is not necessarily higher. But 12" will give more output at lower frequencies than a 10" because of the extra movement of air that comes with those greater dimensions at very low frequencies."
Alternative Answer: Nope! Indeed, many would argue that even small car stereo components like those tweeters provide more power and greater fidelity than any subwoofer on earth.
9. WHAT IS LOUDER, TWO SUBS OR ONE?
– About 5dB louder
– About 10 times the peak acoustic power (or about 30 dB more)
– A doubling in loudness with two speakers
– Doubler with two speakers
– Eight times as much air movement (or about 40 dB more).
That means double the sound damping and four times as much sound energy lost to absorbing materials like floor carpets. For serious SPL applications, 2 subs can offer enough insurance against clipping amp channels when cranking it to max output levels.
However, at lower volume settings that don’t push amps into clipping and having difficulty making clean and deep bass playbacks you might be better off using a single subwoofer in place of dual woofers.
10. WHAT MAKES A SUBWOOFER HIT HARDER?
Answer: It’s the same as for any other sound or music, having to match up the amplifier power with the total power requirement of all our speakers. The only difference is that logic dictates that most subwoofers will need more wattage than all your tweeter speakers; whether because they are physically larger drivers because they must reproduce lower frequencies at high SPLs (loud volumes), or both.
If you want really hard hitting bass, make sure you have an amplifier with enough output for your woofer(s) and subwoofer(s).
There are two things to look for when matching up a subwoofer’s power requirements with an amplifier’s output: 1) driver size (because bigger woofers require more power) and 2 the amplifier’s output impedance (because a lower ohm rating requires more power from your amp).
This blog post has hopefully answered some of your questions about what to consider before buying the best car subwoofer for deep bass, 11 reviews, and relevant FAQs that surround it. If you have any more queries, please feel free to contact us by dropping a kind comment below. We hope this article helped answer many of your questions.
We have only one request to you please share this informative article with your relevan